Manitoulin, Day 6-Thursday
Again, classes in the morning and then an activity filled afternoon. Each morning we did our Bible readings and for fun, there were quizzes that the girls worked on. There would be a few questions about each of the three readings. They would do the quiz and turn it in. At the end of the week, they got a little prize for doing the work. So, our routine became breakfast, readings, classes, lunch, work on the quiz, beach. It was a comfortable rhythm. Thursday was also the annual Lake Martin boat race. Each year, the kids build a boat out of trash and sail them against each other in an attempt to win. Like the sand castle competition, this was the first year the kids participated in the boat race. It was a dismal failure and the afternoon ended in tears. I hear there is a great shot of it-I'm hoping to get a copy of the picture. It started out with me trying to get the boat floating properly. Then, Chris joined me and we had it pretty much ok. It was time for the race. David started bravely out to the starting line. Then, he panicked and started to scream and it all went downhill from there. I'd try to make light of it, but it was not a good afternoon and I'd prefer to forget how frustrated I was with everyone at that point. So, we'll leave it at that.
Chris, working with the girls on the quiz
Comments