Manitoulin, Day 2-Sunday
Sunday at the camp is always a very laid back day. We have meeting in the morning, however it doesn't start until 11am, so we have plenty of time for a leisurely breakfast and usually one of more substance than the rest of the week. I had packed pancake batter, eggs, sausage and bacon for breakfast, much to David's delight. (He is currently big on breakfast-no matter the meal. He'll easily wolf down 3 pancakes, 2 sausage links and an egg in one sitting. This is no joke. You haven't seen that boy eat until you see him eat a meal that he really, really likes.) After meeting, we had a quick lunch and the kids changed into swim suits for a dip in the lake. Now, I am not a huge fan of swimming in the lake, but only because I look just slightly more awful in a swim suit than I do in regular clothes and there are LEECHES in the lake. But, I'm more afraid to show up in public in my swim suit than I am of the leeches. So, I believe I either waded in the water or sat on the beach whilst the kids frolicked in the water.
Sunday night is the reading of the rules. Now, we have been going for quite some time, so I'll admit to finding rules night a mite....tedious. I could recite them by heart. Really. Ok, maybe not, but I'm sure you know what I mean. But, as reward for sitting through the rules, we get to eat ice cream. The kids love this part. Sitting through the rules was even more painful for them. They are just little and they knew that ice cream would only be consumed afterward. But, it was worth waiting for, I think.
I then put the kids to bed even though they "aren't tired!"....lol. Silly kids. Of course you are tired. Go to bed. Then, Chris and I were able to stay up to visit with the adults. I love the evening adult visiting time. It is such a wonderful time for me. Even if I'm not participating in the conversation much, I am relishing the fellowship. I miss that already.

Ready for sleeping. But, every single night, whoever was on the outside would fall out of bed. So, David did 4 nights on the outside and Byron did 3.

The girls' end of the camper. Ruth really digs the mummy bag. She just buries herself inside it and doesn't surface until morning.
Sunday night is the reading of the rules. Now, we have been going for quite some time, so I'll admit to finding rules night a mite....tedious. I could recite them by heart. Really. Ok, maybe not, but I'm sure you know what I mean. But, as reward for sitting through the rules, we get to eat ice cream. The kids love this part. Sitting through the rules was even more painful for them. They are just little and they knew that ice cream would only be consumed afterward. But, it was worth waiting for, I think.
I then put the kids to bed even though they "aren't tired!"....lol. Silly kids. Of course you are tired. Go to bed. Then, Chris and I were able to stay up to visit with the adults. I love the evening adult visiting time. It is such a wonderful time for me. Even if I'm not participating in the conversation much, I am relishing the fellowship. I miss that already.
The kids howling like wolves with the little girl from the camp site next to us. As I was getting exasperated at their howling, Chris reminded me that it was far preferable to bickering. I stopped fretting. Mostly.
Ready for sleeping. But, every single night, whoever was on the outside would fall out of bed. So, David did 4 nights on the outside and Byron did 3.
The girls' end of the camper. Ruth really digs the mummy bag. She just buries herself inside it and doesn't surface until morning.
Comments