Zoo Trip
The girls participated in a zoo class for homeschooled kids. It was called Zoorific Careers and covered the different jobs found at the zoo. After dropping the girls off for their class (and Amanda dropped her boys), we headed out. Only we didn't make it far.











Fascinated by the cleaning of the "Enrichment Room" just outside of the classroom. We stayed there for quite some time while she hosed, soaped and...
scrubbed the floor.
Ringing the bell at the "Frontier Town". It was closed, though, so that was about all the kids could do.
Oh, except for opening the shutters and hollering into the cavernous space of the log home.
Byron, the toad, and the toad
David is...well, I'm not sure what he's doing.
I thought this duck was so neat looking and quite pretty. I hadn't seen it before, so either I was busy yelling at the kids, or it's a new addition. I'd like to think it's a new addition. Oh and it's a Cape Shelduck. I took a photo of it's name plate so I'd remember for later.
Towards the end, we let the kids play in the Jelly Fish exhibit area. They have a neat rock climbing wall and some tumbling mats. All the kids tried a climb, but Jo was by far the most fearless. Here is as high as Byron got. Then, he got scared and I had to talk him down. He sat in the chair after that.
Jo, almost to the top. She'd go about that high and then she'd let go and tumble on the mat
David, having a rock climbing accident. Doesn't he look pitiful?
Jo went really high this time, but she jumped before I could snap a photo, so I got her in mid-descent
Comments