Co-op Week 4

First of all, has it really only been 4 co-ops? Ugh. This year could be very long. While I love having co-op, it is a tremendous about of work. Perhaps if I were more organized, it would not seem like such a burden. Hmm. What a concept. Organization. I should give that a try soon.

This week, Amy worked with the kids on all kinds of cool stuff. I only got the end part of her class when the kids came out to do their experiment in the kitchen. (I was on nursery duty, so once I put Moriah in for her nap, I was able to snap a few pix.) The kids all took a full breath and filled a balloon with air. Next, they brought their balloons to a full bucket of water and submerged the balloon. The water spilled over into a pan that Amy had the bucket sitting in. After the water spilled over, she measured the water in the pan. This represented the amount of air each child filled their balloon with. Then, after all the results were in, they compared each other's lung capacity.

Explaining the project-Grace is squeezing the stuffing out of her balloon

Measuring Isaiah's water-he came in at 4 cups, I think.

Examining the results

Grace's turn (incidentally, it wasn't that long ago that Ruth wore that dress and I am forever calling Grace "Ruth" when I see her out of the corner of my eye.)

Isaiah and Grace checking out Grace's results-a little under 4 cups-it turns out that Grace had the smallest lung capacity. I was surprised that she was able to take the information (the amounts of water) and come to the conclusion that the kids' lungs were different sizes and I think she ranked them, too. Maybe I don't give kids enough credit for their powers of logical reasoning. I say logical, because most of their other reasoning is pretty crazy.

After lunch, the PreK's were working on their letter books-Letter C this week. They had a few crafts to try and cement the C. I'm really not sure how successful this book is, but they seem to enjoy working on them.

Byron, looking cute and happy to be working on something. Don't mind the jug of milk on the counter. We didn't leave it out all day....just most of the day, I think. We're very concerned about bacteria and all that jazz.

David, applying gold glitter glue to his Letter C. I would have taken a shot of Byron doing his, except I had to help squeeze out the glue. And monitor just how much he was putting on.

Byron and Joanna pasting in their "What Begins with C?" books

David and Andrew having a go at it.

Byron working on his Patty Cake book. And the milk.

Comments

Amanda said…
Hey! That's MY milk!!
It pretty much sat out most of the day. Even after we got home.

Popular Posts