Working on our Solar System, Pt 2

I finally got 'round to having the girls paint their planets. One more step closer to hanging our solar system. That was their science for the day one day last week. I got them all set up and let them do the rest. I hung each plant with a string and attached it to a coat hanger. The bigger planets got their own hanger and the smaller ones were able to share. It took the girls quite some time to get all 8 of them painted. I say 8, because we did not include Pluto in the end.


Grace with Neptune and Uranus, getting ready to paint

Ruth, with Earth-she even tried to make the oceans and continents as well as ice on the poles

The guide they used for painting the planets-Ruth was really into trying to get them all just right

Gracie, working on Saturn, I think

Ruth working on Jupiter-She told me that she needed an ugly green and since we didn't have one, she went about mixing all the colors to create her ugly green.

Comments

Unknown said…
"The bigger planets got them own hanger..." And you homeschool your kids? :-P I'm proud of you for excluding Pluto, all though it saddens me that that must needs be done.
Marmee said…
I have no idea what you're talking about. :-P

Popular Posts