Making Dinner with Byron
Friday, I was in the mood for something fun. Not that everyday here isn't fun, but something a little more fun than usual. So, I decided to make pizza for dinner. You see, the kids let it drop (not so subtly, mind you) that they really didn't like my homemade pizza. Stinkers. I've obviously spoiled them with take out. In the course of the heart breaking conversation (because honestly, who wants to hear that their cooking isn't appreciated?) I find that it's really my crust they don't care for. David was very eager to suggest that I use the recipe for the hard tack as my crust. So, I thought, what have I got to lose? And hard tack crust we had. I was feeling especially benevolent, so I asked Byron if he wanted to help. I know my children need to learn to cook, but at this point in time, it's hard to accommodate their desire to learn with my desire for order. So, back to benevolence. Byron was hanging around, watching me work, like he usually does, so I offered to let him help. He was more than eager to lend and hand. We ended up making pizza and brownies. We had a great evening, too. The kids ate dinner, we all cleaned up and got pj's on and then watched Annie together. Well, the boys really sat on my lap, wiggled, and had to be reminded to be quiet over and over, but if that's "watching" for 4 year old boys, I"m ok with that.


Carefully lining up the mushrooms
First time cracking eggs for the brownies. It was a good thing I had him do it over a bowl-he mashed the eggs and I was fishing bits of shell out of the bowl.
And of course, if you're going to cook, you're going to clean up....or at least look like you're cleaning up as you play in the water.
Comments