After Speech
I had told the girls, Ruth mainly, that if she could do all her schoolwork by Thursday, that we would go to the McKinley Museum on Friday after Byron's speech class. Amazingly enough (sarcasm) she got it all done lickety split. (and, amazingly enough, my dictionary does not recognize "lickety" as a word. Humph. But it does recognize "humph". Double humph.) So, to the museum we did go. Now, I know that I've chronicled our trips to this museum before, but each time we seem to find something new. So, I tried to focus on those new things for you.








The turtle was out "sunning" himself
He was briefly joined by a friend, but that friend didn't stay long. Either Turtle A was giving his friend the stink-eye, or my kids were too loud to be tolerated.
There were new animals to be seen. These tanks housed things like "ghost shrimp" and other little local river animals that I can't recall now. Some kind of snails, I think.
Byron was really more interested in running around, with theme music (provided by himself) than in any real study of ghost shrimp or snails. I don't know whether to laugh or cry when he breaks out into "da da da daaaaaa, da da da daaaaaaaaaa" as he jumps and runs around. I guess you'd have to see it to appreciate it/laugh/cry with me.
Looking on with fascination at the new mouse house. Lots more tubes and cubbies for the mice to hide/play in.
Ruth, demonstrating how strong she is-lifting 25# with the help of a pulley
Byron, also demonstrating his strength by lifting 25# with the help of 3 pulleys
The fancy-schmancy new air machine. Now, don't get blown away (haahaa, I crack me up) by my technical jargon. But, basically, you can "balance" balls on a stream of air. We had a lot of fun with that one.
For the kids, this was the piece de resistance-Ice Age 2 projected ginormously, on the wall. I only let them stay for about 5 minutes, though, mean Mommy. I brought them there to learn something! They can turn their brains to mush here at home.
Comments
adverb informal
as quickly as possible; immediately"
My dictionary's better than yours :-P