The Long Awaited Airplane Lapbook

The front page of the lapbook. Just an airplane and the word "airplane" in fancy lettering that Ruth first thought I wrote out. Isn't she sweet to think I could actually do something like that?

Inside the lapbook. We have an extension on it that goes down the middle. On that one, we did a short bit on Aunt Cathy and what her job entails. There is also a photo of her that I printed out, but because I didn't have one of just her, David is in the picture with her. Then, on the left flap, we have a new word (fuselage) and definition as well as an air traffic controller tower book. It was a blank book, so I chose to put in the basics of air traffic controllers and then a little blurb on the last page telling what Aunt Bettie does. The right flap has a blue book that holds cards we made labeling the different parts of the airplane (fuselage, ailerons, flaps, tail, and two more that I can't remember) as well as another new word (aileron) and definition.

On the inside middle, we have (top to bottom) a fold out that lists the four forces of flight and their definitions, a chart where Ruth and Chris kept track of four different paper airplanes and how they flew, a write up on Aunt Bettie including a picture of her that I found on the internet (since she hasn't visited us in soooooo long-hint hint), and finally a time line showing where Bleriot and his exploits are in time and Ruth's birth to give her an idea of how much later she was born (though I'm still not sure it really sank in).

Comments

Popular Posts