Grocery Shopping

Today was our monthly trip to BJ's to stock up. We had gone down to the wire and I was having to be quite creative in my cooking. It was getting real old. However, taking along all the kids to shop is also not one of my more favorite things to do either. I told the kids that I would take them to Pizza Hut for lunch so long as everyone behaved and if just one person got on my nerves, the lunch was out. It worked pretty well because the kids were all very self policing. I'd hear Ruth whisper "Miss A, don't do that-you don't want to ruin it for all of us..." We started with two carts and because BJ's has larger carts, I could put the boys in one cart (in the front seats) and Miss A in the other one that Ruth pushed for me. We made quite a sight, our little train. But, all in all, the kids did pretty well, I think. Ruth was especially helpful. She pushed the second cart, kept Miss A happy and in between times brought items back to the carts. So, as promised, I took the kids to Pizza Hut. The girls each had a Book It coupon that was about to expire and I wanted to let them get it. I got a bit of a giggle out of the waitress that seated us. She kept looking around when we walked in and I suppose that she was either trying to count all the little heads swarming or hoping I wasn't alone with all the kids. I heard gasps more than once as we went to sit down. You'd think that no one had ever seen a mom out with her kids. But, anyway, the kids did great. It ended up being a fairly cheap meal-the girls got their lunch buffets free due to their coupons, Byron and Miss A were free due to age. So, I only had to pay for me and David. All in all, pretty good. When we got home, I enlisted the kids in helping me unload groceries. Ruth and I brought it all in and Grace, David, Byron, and Miss A (with help from Aunt Sarah) took it all to the kitchen for me. Here is their handy work...


It was helpful, so I won't complain about the Mt Grocerymore in the kitchen corner. At least I didn't buy any bread, right? And I have no idea why David is making that face.

Comments

Popular Posts