A Week of Homemade Dinners


I have challenged myself to make dinner each night for 7 days. That sounds so lame, but really, I hate to cook. I've been so terrible about making nice, balanced dinners. So, this evening, I challenged myself to change my bad habits. So, for tonight's dinner, we had chicken with sauteed mushrooms and onions, homemade noodles, and asparagas. I was so proud of myself. I even snapped a picture. Then, I realized that the noodles weren't cooked all the way. So, I had to put them back on to cook more and more and more. Finally, I gave up waiting-the rest of dinner was completely cold and the noodles were mostly done. We all choked it down and afterward rewarded ourselves with a game of "I'm going to Paris and I'm taking a...". It was truly amusing what the kids tried to take (a pig?) and it got our minds off our icky dinner. Oh well...one day down, 6 more to go!

Comments