Grandpa

Friday, September 26th, my Grandpa passed away. It's hard to put into words, this loss. I was not terribly close with my Grandpa. He and Grandma lived so far away for all my life. First, it was PA when I was quite young, then on to Florida for most of my growing up years. I saw them maybe once a year while growing up. I hadn't seen my Grandpa in over four years and I did not get a chance to see him before he passed. I saw a photo of him from just a week before he died and he was not the man I remembered from my childhood. He was so frail looking and his cheeks were sunken in. It was a sad sight to see and deep down I'm glad I can remember him from before. So, here are a few pictures from his prime.

Grandpa and my Mom

Grandpa and Grandma Butler

Grandpa and Grandma on their wedding day

Comments

Popular Posts