Meal 5
Today the kids went to the grocery store with me after Miss A had her school. I've made a game of getting new foods to try. Last week was the Mango. This week we got Artichoke, Pomegranate, Kiwi (not really new, but something I don't buy often) and Starfruit. So, without further ado, tonight's dinner!
We started with an artichoke appetizer. I steamed the artichoke with a clove of garlic and some lemon and we ate it with a little butter. The kids LOVED it. Until I made them try it sans butter. Then, they decided that they didn't really care for it after all. Except for Miss A, who proceeded to eat the whole leaf, woody parts and all. We then had a Salsa Skillet Chicken and the kids didn't really like that either. But, we finished it off with the pomegranate, kiwi and bananas.
We started with an artichoke appetizer. I steamed the artichoke with a clove of garlic and some lemon and we ate it with a little butter. The kids LOVED it. Until I made them try it sans butter. Then, they decided that they didn't really care for it after all. Except for Miss A, who proceeded to eat the whole leaf, woody parts and all. We then had a Salsa Skillet Chicken and the kids didn't really like that either. But, we finished it off with the pomegranate, kiwi and bananas.
Comments