Somebody Stop Me! :)

It was announced Sunday, that we had a member of our meeting that was going to be moving. Unfortunately, she could not take her animals with her. We were asked to keep in mind anyone who might want a cat or dog. She has 8 cats and 3 dogs needing homes. (Do you know where this is going yet?) So, after meeting I talked to her about her dogs. Then, Sunday evening, Chris and I talked about it. We agreed to take a look at them and see how the kids did with them. The kids and I headed out to Cathy's house this morning to look at Jessie, her younger, female dog. When we got there, the kids went crazy for Petie. The older, Beagle-like dog. Not the one I had in mind. But, I let them look him over. Then, we got Jessie out. She was really sweet and fluffy (that's my code word for kinda fat). We took her for a walk and I decided to go ahead and bring her home. So, armed with some starter food and treats, leash and collar and a large doghouse, we headed home with our new dog. After we got home, the kids ate lunch while I took to the task of grooming her. She still had a lot of hair to shed and I spent about 1.5hrs brushing out her undercoat. That was when I noticed the fleas on her belly. So, a trip to the vet to pick up flea stuff and she's been dosed and chilling out in the shade waiting for Chris to get home so he can arrange her a more permanent area of living rather than being tied to the fence post.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You ONLY took ONE animal? Come on, you could have at least taken 4 or 5 cats as well...it could have been like when we were kids...you could have even re-used the names...Bubbles, Squeaks, Cy, India, Spitfire, Calvin, etc...
Anonymous said…
Nope I didn't see where it was going either. I thought for sure you'd have two dogs and at least one new cat. Congratulations on your latest addition.
Aunt Cathy

Popular Posts