Riding Home From Therapy

Today, Miss A had her therapy. Now that she's down to two outpatient sessions just twice a week, the kids will go along and wait with me. There is a waiting room with a few toys and on good days, a playground to kill some time on. So, anyway, we're driving home. (have you ever noticed that the kids do the wackiest things when we're driving? I think it's because I'm a captive audience.) I hear Ruth shouting from the back of the van, "I see dead people!". I know what she means, but every time she does it, it conjures up images of The Sixth Sense or Night of the Living Dead. What she means is that we're passing a graveyard. It all started several years ago with Ruthie noticing a graveyard for the first time and naturally inquiring as to what it was. That morphed into "There are dead people under every rock" and now it's just "I see dead people!". This begins a rousing chorus of "I see dead people" or in Miss A's case "people!". The ruckus dies down and David pipes up... "Mama! Wanna hear me burp talk?!" Ah, no son, I don't believe I do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
teeheehee. Sounds like your car trips are a crack up.
AC
Anonymous said…
Don't let my kids teach him how to burp his ABCs. Ha Ha

Popular Posts