A Day at the Zoo

On Tuesday, I took the kids to the zoo. We had a great day for it, too. It was sunny and warm, but not hot. We also had some friends come along with us which made the day even better!

My little penguins

The real deal, though he was camera shy (and I know it's a he for sure, because Ruth told me that's why he has a blue and green tag, not pink or purple)

Aunt Kimmie and David crossing the rope bridge. He wanted to go across so bad, but was scared to give it a go.

Flying solo and doing great!

Grace just can't do things the conventional way.

The piece de resistance of the zoo trip was the new jellyfish exhibit. It was really, really cool and what my kids have been waiting for since they heard there was going to be one. Below are some random shots of various jellies. Because the kids were so excited about them, we were all over the place and I was not able to properly document all the jellies I tried to photograph.







All those tiny specks are thousands of baby jellyfish. If you looked through the magnifying glass, you could see the tiny tentacles.

This is the tank where the baby jellyfish grow a little bigger before being put in the tanks with the adult jellies.

"Do we have enough people to get up to Giraffe? Mama! Come on over and get on!" Heh heh. Yeah Right, kiddo. We just might make it to Giraffe and you'd be excited and I'd be humiliated.

Home from the zoo.

Comments

Dawne said…
Looks like fun, I love the last photo of them all sleeping. lol

Love,
Dawne

Popular Posts