Did You Hear Me Scream?

If so, that was because I (foolishly) asked Grace to get a jug of milk so that she and David could have some more. She grabbed the full gallon (instead of the half empty one) and promptly dropped it. That's when I heard her yell "Oh NO!" and I came running to witness Liquid Gold (aka my gallon of milk) pouring out on the kitchen floor. Now, most people would just mop up the mess. I did do that, but not before grabbing my head and yelling as loud as I could (not my finest moment). Then, I sent Ruth to the basement to see how much of it had leaked between our old-fashioned (and not terribly milk resistant) floor boards. Four beach towels, a bucket of mop water, and a rag later, the washer is running and Grace is done crying. Now, to keep them from rushing Chris at the door when he gets home to tell him the gory details.

Comments

Popular Posts