Getting Company
Chris' sister, Sara, will be visiting us tomorrow. The kids and I will be picking her up from the airport just about lunch time. They (the kids) are so excited about her coming that they are just about bouncing off the walls. That sounds bad, though. Kinda like I'm not excited. I am, just maybe not with childish glee. I have learned to contain myself a bit over the last 25 years or so. I say 25 years, because it would be silly of me to think that I've always been cool, calm and collected. Even though it's true, my little sister might get jealous if she found out that I was always the perfect child. Oh! Did I say that out loud?
Chris will also be riding in the MS 150 this weekend. I'm guessing he's excited, but I don't really know. He hasn't actually said one way or the other. I can't imagine him doing that, either. To be so stoic and silent on a subject. It's just not like him. Okay, so those of you who really know him, know I'm just joshing you. I think I need to get him a camera to take along. You know, get lots of pictures of the other riders. And, one good photo of the whole team when they're looking fresh as Daisies. Then, maybe another one when they've ridden the first 80 miles. Yeah, that would be great. Then, I can post them for the world to see. Yes, he really must take a camera.
I got another shipment of school books this week. I'm over the moon about it. I love getting packages, but packages filled with brand new books is just about the best. I sat down and just sniffed them. I absolutely love the smell of fresh, clean books. There is nothing like it. Except maybe the smell of hospital linens. Oh, I am in Nirvana there! I just adore that sterile, completely clean smell of hospital linens. I can't get enough of it. And Pampers diapers. Clean ones of course. When I smell them, it makes me think of hospital linens because those are the diapers they use in hospitals (at least the ones we've been in and that's four different ones between the kids). Miss A's social worker said she'd never heard of anyone who loved the smell of the hospital. I really need to talk to them about how they clean their linens and get me some of that stuff.
Now that ya'll think I'm really off my rocker, I'm going to quietly slink away.
Chris will also be riding in the MS 150 this weekend. I'm guessing he's excited, but I don't really know. He hasn't actually said one way or the other. I can't imagine him doing that, either. To be so stoic and silent on a subject. It's just not like him. Okay, so those of you who really know him, know I'm just joshing you. I think I need to get him a camera to take along. You know, get lots of pictures of the other riders. And, one good photo of the whole team when they're looking fresh as Daisies. Then, maybe another one when they've ridden the first 80 miles. Yeah, that would be great. Then, I can post them for the world to see. Yes, he really must take a camera.
I got another shipment of school books this week. I'm over the moon about it. I love getting packages, but packages filled with brand new books is just about the best. I sat down and just sniffed them. I absolutely love the smell of fresh, clean books. There is nothing like it. Except maybe the smell of hospital linens. Oh, I am in Nirvana there! I just adore that sterile, completely clean smell of hospital linens. I can't get enough of it. And Pampers diapers. Clean ones of course. When I smell them, it makes me think of hospital linens because those are the diapers they use in hospitals (at least the ones we've been in and that's four different ones between the kids). Miss A's social worker said she'd never heard of anyone who loved the smell of the hospital. I really need to talk to them about how they clean their linens and get me some of that stuff.
Now that ya'll think I'm really off my rocker, I'm going to quietly slink away.
Comments
Enjoy Sara's visit. Tell her I said hello (^_^)
Aunt Cathy
-- the "not as perfect" sister
(you just wait... bwahaahaaahaaa)