Co-op for the Girls

Today, Grace's class took turns reading a small book to each other. It dealt with the short vowels sounds and gave each kid a chance to practice reading out loud to the other kids.


For history, today, the kids worked on maps and then Aunt Amanda burned the edges and had them soak it in tea to "age" it.

I can tell Ruth really wanted to do the burning part...I'm really just kidding. We have instilled an unhealthy fear of fire and her hair. She just did not understand the danger of being close to the stove top (we have gas) and her hair swinging about, so one day I burned a bunch of hair from the hairbrush to illustrate just how rapidly hair burns. She hasn't forgotten and is now a little too afraid of hair and fire. But, that's really not here nor there.

Giving her map a good soaking

Comments

Popular Posts