Bubbles, Bubbles, Everywhere

I spent a long, hard morning with the girls working on catching up on the school work that should have been done a long time ago. With illness, study weekend and good weather, we had fallen behind. I finally put my foot down and said that today we would catch up and we were not stopping until we did. And we did. It took us all morning and some of the afternoon to do it, but it's done and I feel great. So, with the day being so very lovely and warm, I took the kids outside and let them blow bubbles. That's not easy for me to do, either. I can't.stand.the.mess. And with bubbles, there is always a mess. Without further ado....the pictorial evidence of our afternoon play.

Byron, being 3, had the hardest time blowing the bubbles. He was more inclined to spit at the wand, rather than blow in it (and gently at that). But, he finally got one and, of course, I missed the actual event, but not the subsequent bubble.

David tried...

And tried...

And finally did it!

The girls were old pros at this bubble business

Gracie blew some real whoppers

Ruth had a bit more trouble at first

But, she eventually got it.
I have found, though, that it is insanely hard to take a picture of kids blowing bubbles. On many of the photos I have, the bubbles are long gone and the kids are making funny faces. In many others, the focus resides somewhere in the background while the kids are a bit fuzzy. A very tricky subject, those kids with their bubbles.

Comments

Popular Posts