Big Changes are A'Comin'
We got a call Friday from our home finder (she's the social worker who deals with us on a regular basis-her job is to find a child for our home). There is a boy in permanent custody and available for adoption. He turned 3 in September. We were asked if we were interested in being considered at the matching session. The matching session is where the social workers all toss around the families that want to be considered and decide where the best fit would be. I found out this morning that we were chosen. I'm really nervous and excited. We meet the boy tomorrow. Our family and the family that is currently fostering him will get together at a neutral location to visit and meet each other. As of right now the plan is McDonald's with a play place where the kids can play a bit together. That should be....ahem....a little crazy. I will keep you posted.
Comments