Only 53 Days Until Christmas
Yes, folks, you heard that right. Just 53 days left. The Halloween candy is on the sale rack and the stores are pumping out the Christmas music.
I had to run out tonight to pick up a few things for my co-op classes tomorrow. As I was late evening browsing at the local Wal-mart, I heard the mellow strains of Christmas music. I thought I must be hearing things. Surely it must be an early display of Christmas folderol. I cocked an ear and listened a little more intently. No, it was not a small Christmas display. It was the store music, following me all over until I finally made my purchases and streaked to the safety of my Mom Mobile (aka the van). I'm flabbergasted. Christmas music on November the 2nd? Honestly....what happened to Thanksgiving??
I had to run out tonight to pick up a few things for my co-op classes tomorrow. As I was late evening browsing at the local Wal-mart, I heard the mellow strains of Christmas music. I thought I must be hearing things. Surely it must be an early display of Christmas folderol. I cocked an ear and listened a little more intently. No, it was not a small Christmas display. It was the store music, following me all over until I finally made my purchases and streaked to the safety of my Mom Mobile (aka the van). I'm flabbergasted. Christmas music on November the 2nd? Honestly....what happened to Thanksgiving??
Comments