I Finally Did It
I have an appointment scheduled to get my wisdom teeth pulled. And I am really, really, really, really (did I say really?) nervous about it. I hate anything to do with my teeth. I, quite literally, have nightmares about my teeth breaking into tiny pieces (that I have to spit out) and falling out of my mouth. In order to keep this from happening, I have to keep my mouth open all the time. If I try to close my mouth, I feel my teeth crunching like little stones and then I have a mouthful of broken teeth. I'm starting to sweat just thinking about it. Back to my wisdom teeth, though. All four of them are mostly grown in now. The problem comes that when they are doing a little growing (or whatever it is they do every three months or so) they ache so bad it makes my whole head hurt. Right now I'm dealing with that. So, while at my cleaning, in a moment of weakness I declared "Pull these teeth out!". The dentist rubbed his hands gleefully (after all, do you know what an extraction costs x 4??) and said "Let's make an appointment!" And here I am. No, really, it wasn't like that. Well, the "Pull these teeth out!" part was. My dentist is a great guy who didn't even laugh too hard when I couldn't remember how many years I'd been married or even exactly what year it was right off the bat. I like that guy. And he's going to like me, too, after we get done with all the work that needs done on my teeth.
Comments