Study Weekend Festivities

This weekend is our long awaited study weekend at our new hall. I'm so excited for it. I don't play a large part in getting ready for it, so maybe that's why I'm so excited? My duties fall more towards the food and hospitality end. That's where I feel most comfortable anyway. So, the next few days, I'll be cooking up a storm and preparing the house for our guests from out of town. Yesterday I got a good bit of cleaning done, mostly upstairs. I stripped all the beds and remade them with clean linens, cleaned up the kids' rooms (including but not limited to putting away neatly all the toys, dusting everything even chair rails, and washing windows) and did a bunch of laundry. I feel so good about my day. Of course, should you leave the upstairs, the house is still a total wreck in need of cleaning. I have decided that should it get down to the wire, I'm going to go 'round with a large laundry basket and fill it up with the piles of clutter and hide it in a closet. I can deal with it later and the house will look clean which is all I really want anyway. Unfortunately, I have to put some stuff away first. I simply do not have enough laundry baskets or closets to hide it all.

We have a goodly amount of people coming to join us this weekend. I hesitate to name them all because I'm sure to get a call from my mother about it. (wink wink) I can't help myself! I love to have guests. I love to throw parties and get together with my friends both young and old. I love the chaos of added people, the huge meals. And, I confess, I have six people coming. It's only for a weekend and we have been blessed with so much space here that it seems silly not to use it. And so, we will cram 12 people into our house for the weekend, the kids will love the added attention, I'll be in my glory serving them all and Chris, seeing me run about like a chicken with it's head cut off, will probably promise me that he will never allow it to happen again. But, knowing my love for it, he'll relent again. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts