Driving in the Car the Other Day
So, Friday we head down to my parents' house for dinner with my brothers. My oldest brother was down from MI for a visit and my other brother, his wife and kids were able to come as well. We had a real housefull and a really great visit. But, on the way home, the conversation went something like this:
Me: David, why don't you tell us a story about when you're grown up and you build your house. (This is something he LOVES to talk about)
David: Well, I'll build my house and use a firetruck to put on the roof because a firetruck has a big, tall ladder. And it's going to have all bricks (the walls). And I'm going to marry Gracie!
Grace: DAVID! You can't marry me!
David: Oh yeah! That's right!
Ruth: Besides, we're not supposed to talk about that.
Chris: What?
Me: I just tell the kids they have ages and ages to worry about who they're going to marry-they don't have to worry about it right now.
David: Buuuut, I could marry Miss A!
Me: David! (Stern mom voice)
David: [whispering]
Miss A: [whispering]
Me: David, what did you just say?
David: [giggling]
Grace: He was asking Miss A to marry him. She said yes.
Me: [rolling eyes and trying not to laugh]
Me: David, why don't you tell us a story about when you're grown up and you build your house. (This is something he LOVES to talk about)
David: Well, I'll build my house and use a firetruck to put on the roof because a firetruck has a big, tall ladder. And it's going to have all bricks (the walls). And I'm going to marry Gracie!
Grace: DAVID! You can't marry me!
David: Oh yeah! That's right!
Ruth: Besides, we're not supposed to talk about that.
Chris: What?
Me: I just tell the kids they have ages and ages to worry about who they're going to marry-they don't have to worry about it right now.
David: Buuuut, I could marry Miss A!
Me: David! (Stern mom voice)
David: [whispering]
Miss A: [whispering]
Me: David, what did you just say?
David: [giggling]
Grace: He was asking Miss A to marry him. She said yes.
Me: [rolling eyes and trying not to laugh]
Comments