It Started With a Wart
Today, Ruth had an appointment with her pediatrician. She had an unusual growth on her foot. Turns out, after the briefest of exams, that it was a wart. Of course, I had never seen a wart before, or I'd never have gone to the doctor for it. Bah. Well, we needed some cream for it. So, off we went. But first, I thought, we'd stop and get some crickets for Hopper. A stop at Petsmart, with the kids promising they'd be on their best behaviour, they'd not run off, etc, etc, and that's when it happened. We looked at the cats. I should back up to say that we'd lost Max quite some time ago. He ran out of the house and never came back. That was well over a month ago. But, back to the cat. The kids wanted to take them all home, but there was only one that was already spayed. Her name....Gracie. I called Chris at work to make sure he would be ok with getting a cat, then told the Humane Society worker that we'd take Gracie. The whole time Miss A was fussing and being a general crabby pants. We went over to the aquarium side first to get crickets for Hopper and a dog toy for Jessie. This included a thorough browsing of all the fish, hamsters, mice, birds and more fish. Then, we watched the Hermit Crabs while our crickets were being bagged. All through this, Miss A was fussing and being a general crabby pants (are you seeing the pattern here?). We got our crickets and dog toy and took them to the car. Then, we came back in to get the cat. Turns out the Humane Society gives you a free vet check so we went ahead and got her looked at by the vet that works in the store. During this, Miss A was being especially fussy and a general crabby pants. But, she did tell me she had to go potty, so I'll forgive her a bit of the fussing. But, only a bit. After what seemed like forever, we left the store. We headed home and as we were pulling in the drive (with a fussy and generally crabby Miss A) it occured to me....our crickets were all dead thanks to the extended time we spent in the store (with the vet) and I forgot to get Ruth's wart cream.
Comments