Another Speaking Engagement

I was contacted by a local homeschool group to see if I'd be willing to do my lapbook class again. They heard about my class at our local convention, but no one had been able to make it. So, I agreed to do an encore performance. I spent about two hours tonight showing approximately 25 ladies how to assemble a lapbook. It was good fun, though a little weird. I am quite sure that I was THE youngest woman in the room. It was kinda weird, having me, a whippersnapper, telling such seasoned homeschoolers how to do this project. Incidentally, there were several veterens there who had not heard of lapbooks before, so I did feel a little better. They all seemed really excited about doing them in the future, though. I hope that my presentation was clear enough so that they will go on to do some actual lapbooking and not get scared off.

It was late by the time I left and when I got home, this is what I found:




Chris said, later, that she'd been there for about an hour. Oh and by the way, Ruth has informed us that her name is Cutie Pie and I've been given the ok to call her C.P.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's so funny! I hadn't read this entry before I wrote my last comment, about Grace telling me her name was Cutie Pie!

25 people - that's a lot! Glad it went well. What's next, the Cincinnati Homeschooler's Convention???!

By the way, I like Chris' T-shirt!
Marmee said…
Hah! You'll shoot your eye out!

Popular Posts