Making Brownies

I had this idea to put the kids to work making brownies. My sister-in-law in Texas had commented how much she liked brownies. I thought the kids would get a kick out of making her something and mailing it, as well. (We're easy to please here.) And so, brownies we did make.



Washing of hands? Check. Hair pulled back? Check. Apron on? Check.

Apron on? Check. Scary smile? Check.

Just about to begin. Everyone is freshly scrubbed and Ruth has on a suitable, ornery look.

1c. butter melted

4 eggs, cracked into a separate bowl so you don't chomp down on egg shells. Although, David is my expert egg cracker.

Meanwhile...3c. white sugar

1T vanilla extract

Give it a stir.

Add those eggs, stir some more!

Meanwhile again...sift 1.5c flour,

1tsp salt

1c. cocoa

Add to sugar/egg/butter mixture

Make sure she's doing it right

Spray the baking dish with nonstick spray-avoid cloud of fumes that makes you choke

Mix in 1c semisweet chocolate chips and spoon batter into baking dish

It's really thick and gooey

Bake for about 25-30 min at 350* (I baked for 20 min, checked and I think I added on 2 five minute increments-I didn't want to burn those babies). Serve and enjoy.

Comments

Catherine said…
and let me tell you, these brownies were DE-licious!! Those kidlet bakers really know their way around the kitchen and into an auntie's heart. What a wonderful surprise. Thank you again.
Much love,
Cathy

Popular Posts