Another Sweet Science Experiment
brought to you by Aunt Amy. Per her usual, well-thought out classes for the kids, Amy did up a lesson on electricity. She took the PreK's around, showing them outlets and how they work, talked about things that require electricity, had them make a model of an electron using the kids (they really liked that-they got to go in circles around each other, what's not to like, right?), and finally, she did a really cool experiment showing them how electricity lights up a light bulb. Honestly, I know more now about science than I think I ever knew in school. I love sitting in on Amy's PreK science classes. I can only imagine how great they are for the older kids.



Making her foil conductors while Jo looks on
The battery, waiting patiently
The foil was wrapped around the flashlight bulb and connected to the top of the battery. Once all the circuits were complete...there was light!
And the kids were keen to add more and more batteries to achieve maximum lighting
Comments