A Family Bike Ride

Thursday, last week, was simply gorgeous, so we packed up the van and the car when Chris got home from work and we headed out for a bike ride. The boys got new bikes for Christmas-real bikes, not down low trikes, so I was eager to go riding. This time I would be able to ride my bike, too and not just walk along as the boys tooled on their trikes. But, first, I had to pump up 12 tires, find 6 helmets and one set of riding gloves, pack water (just in case!) and load everyone up in the van. (At which point, Grace announces that she does need to use the bathroom, so we wait for her.) We finally head off to the park down the road-it has great paved areas for running, walking, biking. The only trouble is, I park in the muddy lot and I live to regret it. I end our day by washing 5 sets of shoes in the washer for maximum cleaning power.


What a smirk. I'm pretty sure she was annoying Ruthie again.

Clearly, we need a bike rack of some sort. The girls bikes were in the back of the van, the boys bikes on the basket and my bike and Chris' were on his car.

Still waiting on Grace. Oh good time to get a smile out of David. Or his signature grimace.

Hmph. Byron appears to be taking notes on that grimace. And he really needs some lotion. And to have his buckets straightened out. Why did I not notice these things until now?

Preparing to ride off into the sunset. Which ended up a disaster for poor Byron. His seat was too low and it did not have a quick release, so he was unable to ride his bike. So, he ran the whole way around. Boy, can that boy run. I'm thinking Jr. Olympian...I'm just sayin'...

David working on getting the pedaling down.

Coming down the homestretch with Chris

Comments