Snow, snow, snow

This week, we are reading Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost. This is an ok poem (no tomatoes, please, Frost fans), but on the whole, I'm not a huge fan of poetry by anyone. But, on the flip side, the girls love it! Yesterday was our first time through it. I had a children's picture book, but I made them just listen to the poem-they weren't allowed to see the pictures. They had to come up with their own pictures in their head and then we talked about them. Then, I had them listen to Robert Frost read the poem (he read it much better than I). Next, I allowed them to see the pictures and the illustrator's (Susan Jeffers) ideas of what the poem was talking about. Then, the kids made snowflakes from coffee filters. Since I've gotten a non-disposable coffee filter, I have lots of paper ones to use up. So, without further ado...

The arduous process of cutting the snowflakes.


Tada!


Decorating our school room shelves. There are a lot more, but you get the picture.

Comments

Popular Posts