Camping...Again?

Yes, we went camping again-over Labor Day weekend. I must be crazy. It was the trip that put me over the edge. Chris had to work, so I took the kids by myself and we were joined by 3 other families. It was fun-when Ruth wasn't desperately unhappy with the heat, bugs, dirt, etc. Oh and then it rained. But, I'm going to ignore that part and just show you the happy parts.


Playing in the river. It was shallow in most parts, with some deeper holes for wading. Two thumbs up from the kiddos

Just getting started-we haven't gotten to the natural water slides yet

David cautiously steps over super-slippery rocks

Grace takes on the water slide...again and again.

Ruth spent most of the day doing the water slide-much to the dismay of her swim suit which wound up ripped. Then, she wore her shorts...and they also succumbed to the wear and tear of the rocks.

That night, we had a fire-Mo helped carry the wood over. To be fair, lots of the kids helped, but she was just so cute doing it that she got her picture taken.

Uncle Everett expounds on fire to a very engrossed Byron.

The kids. Ruth looks really distressed in this picture. I have no idea what is going on. I usually don't.

Comments

Popular Posts