I Love a New Park!
I'm not the outdoorsy type, so finding a new park is really great thing. I do not search them out-I merely come by them due to recommendations of others. Did I mention I'm not the outdoorsy type? Well, anyway, some friends of ours told us about this new state park. It had opened just this past summer (I believe) and used to be a private park for the bigwigs at Timkin? No, Good year! That's it. And, it was really nice. A lovely playground, water to play around, swings overlooking the lake-gorgeous. Add in a super sunny, beautiful fall day and it was a right pleasant outing. The best part was, Chris had the day off and he could enjoy the chaos...erm...I mean lovely day with us!
This rock was much sought after for standing upon. It finally had to be banned.
"I said, STAY DOWN!"
A boy in his natural habitat-running at breakneck speed
This picture amuses me on so many levels. Byron's little forehead, Grace's ponytail flying up, Ruth's impish look...I can't stop giggling.
The girls cracked me up with these
They were such a riot, growling into them...
David was enamored with all the leaves and he wanted to keep them all.
Bringing me a few more...
The twisty slide-always a hit
The intercom was a huge hit and yet, they yelled at each other through it. I don't think they quite got that you don't really need to talk loudly in it to be heard.
They LOVED this little dock. I was, admittedly, a Nervous Nelly the whole time they were frolicking on it, though.
They were looking for frogs.
Comments