Our Ecclesial Picnic

The weekend after we got back from Manitoulin, we had our annual picnic. I always look forward to going. The kids have such a great time. I get to catch up with friends I see often and those I don't. It's a win win situation. The kids were exhausted by the time the day was over. I had brought pj's and had them change before we left so that I could just pop them into bed when we got home. Now, all you neat freak, germ-o-phobes might have to just wash that last comment away since this did mean the kids spent all day in the dirt and pond water and I just put.them.to.bed. That wasn't a mountain I was planning to die on.



There was swimming:

Love little boy swim trunks that are too big and wet.


You know, these two boys will drive me into an early grave. They bicker, bicker, bicker....but, they are never more than about 3 feet from each other. Ever.

There was a wagon ride:

There was lots of rain:

Byron was hanging out under the tent, letting the rain drip on him.


There were pinatas!





David fell asleep standing up next to me. He laid his head on my leg and I could feel him jerking as he'd fall asleep, standing up and then jerk away. Aunt Sue finally took him for me (I was holding Baby at the time, who was also sleeping.)

There were games for the young at heart.


And a bicycle built for two.

Comments

Popular Posts