Could This Day Get Any Worse?
Today was not a good day at therapy for Miss A. Not much was accomplished until I left the room and prodded her relative to leave as well. Once we were gone, she buckled down and got to work. Unfortunately, we were in our last session at this point. I lobbied for Miss A to, from now on, go to her therapies alone, but the hospital social worker is hesitant to do that (she doesn't want relative to waste a trip to the hospital tomorrow-if she can't come in the room, there isn't much point to her being there). I'm a little frustrated on that end because I want to see Miss A make progress and I'm willing to take a step back to accomplish that. I'm on the fence about whether or not this social worker is really trying too hard to please everyone (ie keeping relative happy v. Miss A's total concentration in therapy) or if I'm being unfair to relative in wanting her to take a step back and let Miss A work (she does come to every single session). Today the speech therapist said that play time is coming to an end and now it's time for Miss A to really work at her therapy and she's not going to like it, but it has to be done. Anyway, tomorrow is a trial day (per hospital social worker's request) to see how Miss A handles having relative and I both in her sessions. Her OT would rather Miss A be alone-she feels that there is too much going on to have everyone there. So, as her temporary guardian, do I leave the sessions and let her relative be there to alleviate some of the stimulation/disturbance, or do I stick to my guns and push for both of us to leave sessions? I wish I could be more objective! It's so hard.
Then, this afternoon, I got a call from State Farm, letting me know that the lady who hit me the other day had failed to pay her premiums and her coverage was dropped-effective the 10th of April. Two weeks before the accident. She put in a claim and is trying to fight State Farm to cover it, but they told me not to wait to get the van fixed-it could take up to 4weeks for their investigation and it doesn't look like they'll cover the accident anyway. Apparently they had sent her several notices that she had not paid and was about to be dropped and they can prove it. I am bummed. Now, we have to put in the claim with our insurance, but at least the ball is rolling and my van is on it's way to be repaired.
And, the third and final complaint-I have a splitting, want to pull my eyeballs out of my head, headache right now. I can only hope that the kids go to bed soon or this ib profin starts to kick in.
Then, this afternoon, I got a call from State Farm, letting me know that the lady who hit me the other day had failed to pay her premiums and her coverage was dropped-effective the 10th of April. Two weeks before the accident. She put in a claim and is trying to fight State Farm to cover it, but they told me not to wait to get the van fixed-it could take up to 4weeks for their investigation and it doesn't look like they'll cover the accident anyway. Apparently they had sent her several notices that she had not paid and was about to be dropped and they can prove it. I am bummed. Now, we have to put in the claim with our insurance, but at least the ball is rolling and my van is on it's way to be repaired.
And, the third and final complaint-I have a splitting, want to pull my eyeballs out of my head, headache right now. I can only hope that the kids go to bed soon or this ib profin starts to kick in.
Comments