A Very Busy Day

Our Ecclesia (church) is building a new building. The place we have been renting is quite small for us, so the new place will be a welcome change. But, first, we have to paint it. We've hired someone to paint our main worship area and the foyer (large enough so that it will double as our eating area), but we are going to paint the small rooms ourselves. That means five (I think it's five) Sunday School rooms, two bathrooms and a nursery. The rooms aren't all that big, but unfortunately, we had to paint around all the bathroom fixtures. I was there from 9 until 4 today painting with just a break for lunch. We got the bathrooms and the nursery primed. And here's the kicker-I had the kids with me, too! I set them up in a Sunday School room that was not going to be painted today. I laid down a sleeping bag that I opened up. I also brought along a DVD player, a stack of coloring books and let them each bring two animals to play with. They were sooooo good! Everyone was commenting on how well they were behaving and after such a long day, too. I don't think that I can push my luck with that again, but it sure was nice to know that they could do it.

Chris was already home when we pulled in, so hobbled in (I was/am so doggone stiff and sore!) and made up some dinner. I made meatloaf, but in order to cook it faster, I put them into muffin tins to make mini meatloafs. Well, the meat wasn't particularly lean, so the fat bubbled over and caused the smoke alarms to shriek while billows of smoke poured out of the stove. Right about then, I remembered something that happened yesterday.

I was off in the back of the house when the fire in the keeping room began smoking (it was a windy day and the gusts pushed down the chimney). The smoke alarms went off and Chris was asking what it was and I told him about the fire probably smoking in the keeping room. I hear Ruthie pipe up "I think dinner's ready!"

I managed to bathe the kids without yelling once and they are all safely pj'd and now David is in bed. I am just about to put Grace in, too (she will not be happy about that) and soon I can relax a bit. One down, two to go! Tick tock, tick tock

Comments

Popular Posts