My Decluttering Week

The days following Christmas, I worked hard each day to declutter the house and get order again. While Ruth and I are schooling, I tend to let the house go. So, during our break, I have been taking the time to rectify that. I cleaned, really cleaned the house and as I went I was organizing and pitching junk. I love that feeling of satisfaction that comes with removing bags of junk from the house and stacking things neatly. How long can it last? I would wish forever, but realistically I know, not long. I'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts.

The girls closet. They have two, so I use the smaller one for their dresses and the long, narrow one is for storing some toys and playing. Here, I've organized their My Little Ponies.

The other end of the toy closet. I use the higher shelves for winter bedding and now, the one shelf is for pj's that Grace can't wear due to her cast. That way, I don't have to worry about Chris getting aggravated when he gets her ready for bed. Everything in her drawer will fit her.

The girls toy chest. I cleaned it out, threw away junk toys (ie broken pieces and McD stuff) and then cleaned out the bottom. I have to do that every so often to get rid of the dust.

The other side of their room. Nice and clean and ready for playing!

David's room now-His room is much smaller than the girls' room, so I try really hard to keep it tidy.

And now, the attic. This has always been a dumping ground for things needing stored. But, I took that back and organized it, too (the door up there is through David's closet, so it qualified as part of my bedroom decluttering!). Here is all our camping stuff neatly tubbed to keep out the furry critters.

And, here are all the kids toys that I've put away. They only get a few of their toys at a time. It helps cut down on clutter and also keeps them fresh and new. I'm so embarrassed that it is such a huge pile. But, we get such cool presents and hand me downs that I hate to get rid of anything!

And, last but not least, all the kids' clothes just waiting to be grown into. We are so blessed with hand me downs (and really nice ones!) from friends and family. I do have to get another tub, though. Again, due to our furry friends. I'd hate to lose a batch of clothes because of little chew holes.

Comments

Popular Posts