Happy Birthday David!
Today my baby turns 3! I can't believe how time has flown. The years have gone by so fast. We spent the first two years in a state of constant motion fixing David's heart then fixing his eating. Now, on the evening of his third birthday, I find myself contemplating these years. I remember how I cried when he was born. (But, I think it was more relief than joy at the time.) I remember how I cried inside when I had to give my baby over to the surgeon who was going to repair David's heart. I remember crying many, many times when I tube fed David, wondering if he'd ever eat food on his own. Then, he began to eat a little bit, but I still cried-would he ever eat enough so that we could stop tube feeding him? I suppose that I am not done crying over my boy, but for now, I am content. He is my joy and I love him so much.


Comments