Grace

About a week ago, Grace and Ruth were playing airplanes with their blocks. The game basically entailed spinning in circles with a block in their hand and making airplane noises. Well, as Ruth was spinning madly, her block left her hand and flung right into Grace's face-her mouth to be precise! Three days later, Grace let me know that her top tooth was loose. A call to the dentist had me less worried-it would tighten up on it's own most likely. Saturday night, while brushing teeth, Grace told me it still hurt. I tried wiggling it and found that not only was it wiggling more, but it was now slightly below her other front tooth. Today we made a trip to the dentist. An x-ray showed that her top teeth had very little root left (meaning her teeth would have been coming out sooner than usual anyway) so it was recommended to just take the tooth out. She would be more comfortable, etc. So, that's what we did. It was awful though. She was so scared and crying so hard after it was out. She wouldn't close her mouth for hours and hardly ate any dinner. I feel so terrible having it done now. I went upstairs about 10 to take her some medicine, but she refused to take it, not wanting to swallow it. I really hope she wakes up better tomorrow. Anyway, here is a little glimpse of her!

Comments

Popular Posts