The Talent Show in the Basement

Ruth has been planning a talent show for ages.  And, I'll admit, I kept hoping she'd forget.  Yeah, I'm a horrible mom that way.  It was sure to be full of ridiculousness and silliness.  It was, to be sure, but it was fun, too.  First, we were heralded to the basement by Byron.  At the girls' room, we were met with the ticket booth, manned by David.

The sign reads: Please Get Your Tickets Here!

My ticket (I was assured they were free and indeed they were).

The show was opened by Ruth and she read off a list of rules which included no laughing and no food or drinks.  I tried unsuccessfully to swallow my pretzels and hide my pop before she noticed.


Grace shone in the opening act-a solo...

And then "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on the kazoo.

Next up: The Amazing Clown and his Amazing Balloon!  It touched the ground, not once!

Clearly a shy audience member

The Amazing Clown is obviously up to something.  Surely it's no good.

And the Amazing Clown is back for a second act!  Here, he fearlessly launched himself onto the wild piggy and rode her like a bucking bronco.

Byron took the safe route.  When pestered...er...um...asked by Ruth what his act was to be, he replied, "I'm the audien!"  That's right bud.  Someone needs to clap.

Just when we thought it was over-the hand puppets were up telling atrocious knock-knock jokes and making up howl.

But wait!  There's more!  A final act...drumroll please!  THE PYRAMID!!!  And it moves.

However, this is as far as the pyramid got.  It moved.  But it never really achieved any noticeable height.


And that, is what a talent show in the basement is all about.

Comments

Popular Posts