Somewhere along the line, I lost a week. I cannot recall, for the life of me, what happened during week 5. Huh. Well, no matter. I'm skipping merrily along to week 6 (but who's really counting, eh?).
Week 6 we covered the 30 Years' War which actually lasted 41 years in all. This is probably the kids' favorite fact from the week. They just love that a war named The 30 Years' War didn't actually last 30 years. I have to admit, I find this amusing as well.
In science, we looked at fish. Now, I'll be honest. We're not managing to cover a full chapter each week like I had hoped. Instead, we seem to find ourselves doing most of the week and then finishing up the following week and beginning a new chapter that we don't finish... But, in my defense these chapters are incredibly meaty. I had no idea one could learn to much about fish. And actually enjoy it. As always, my little doodler, Ruth is having a blast recording her information in her science notebook. So, I, once again, have included some of her pages for your amusement and education (because I'm pretty sure you didn't know all there is to know about the life cycle of a salmon).
 |
| Obviously we labeled the parts of a fish |
 |
| Here Ruth's recorded the 4 most common body shapes of fish. Each includes an example or two to help you envision it. |
 |
| Fish Facts-a super cute extra to put into the book. Ruth jotted down some extra facts on each fish's tab. |
 |
| And the life cycle of the salmon you've all been waiting for. |
 |
| A few more interesting fish facts. The clown fish led to a lengthy discussion on symbiotes and parasites and how kids are more like parasites than symbiotes. Nah. I'm just kidding. Well, about kids being parasites. We only said that about David. |
Comments