Tea Party Lunch
Yesterday, I was hit with a request for a tea party. I was feeling particularly generous, so I gave the o.k. and proceeded to lay out a fine spread for the kidders. They were quite excited at the thought of a tea party since we don't have them all that often and they really do love tea. Or at least they love the copious amounts of honey they add to the tea. At any rate, Grace comes out as I'm preparing tea and asks, "What are we having?" "A pizza party." I reply, as I fill the tea pot. I'll admit that I get quite tired of being asked that question, so I felt the release of tension with that little bit of sarcasm. "HEY GUYS!! We're having a PIZZA party!" I hear an echo from Byron. /sigh/ Sarcasm seems like a lost art with small kids.
Since the girls dressed for the occasion, so did Davie Jones. Argh, matey! David asked if he could wear his hat at the table since gentlemen shouldn't wear hats at the table. I told him it was fine. He was a pirate and pirates are not gentlemen. Yeah, giggled Grace, they're rough men!
Comments