And Now, We Know Why...
I remember, when we first bought our house, that the boys' room would tend to have extreme temperatures. It would be quite warm in winter and cool in summer. The last couple of years, though, I've noticed the room growing increasingly warmer in the summer months. This summer, it was downright unbearable. The boys would be sweaty and miserable each night. Today, (Happy Father's Day, dear), Chris tore apart the vent that led to the boys' room. Now, I should back up and say that we'd already caught one small person dropping things down the vent and we supposed that the lack of air flow was due to a collection of items we had not yet known about. So, back to tearing apart the vent. Chris begins to pull apart the vent when I hear him gasp and laugh that there are things falling out of it already and he's not even got it completely apart. Once he pulled off the line and began to extract items, we found:
- 6 Matchbox cars
- 3 beanie babies
- one paperback book
- several pencils
- two dowel rods
- 1 flashlight-dead of course, because it was dropped in while it was on
- 1 plastic frog
- giant claw from David's digger
- 1 automoblox wheel
- 1 large wire from a roll-y toy
- 1 giant screw from David's Matchbox set
- 1 miniature Wooly Willy magnetic face, minus the magnetics
- 3 Silly Bandz
- various bits of trash
I have been assured that this will not be happening again. Uh huh. Sure.
Comments