Dinosaur Bingo
A few months ago, my great aunt visited along with my aunts. Now, I must stop here to say, they are all really great, but my great aunt, truly is my Great Aunt-as in my Grandma's little sister. She is, though, very close in age to my own mother which is so neat to me. They grew up more like sisters than aunt and niece. But, back to Aunt Barbie's visit. We (my mom, my aunts, and I) had a chance to have lunch together and my little shadow tagged along because he could not bear to be parted with me for longer than an afternoon and when all is said and done, I'm a sucker for that boy. So, we're having lunch together and David somehow becomes to focal point of the conversation, which honestly, makes me uncomfortable because I really don't want it to go to his head. And my sweet Aunt Barbie asks him about dinosaurs. Inwardly I groan, because there is nothing like dinosaurs to bring out the Chatty in Cathy. He talks and talks and talks about them. I'm sure at this point, you're wondering just what all this has to do with Dinosaur Bingo, right? So, shortly after Aunt Barbie went home, she sent us Dinosaur Bingo. I'll be honest-I left it packaged for quite a while, but once I opened it up, the kids (mostly David) went wild! They've been playing multiple games a day and just today I broke down and played it, too. I think I might have been dragging the game down since, even though I could read, it took me quite some time to find the correct dino on my game board. David, oddly enough, did not seem to have this same trouble (despite his not being able to read).
Comments