Busy, Busy, Busy
There is so much work, I have found, in sending a foster child home. Miss A is our first, so this is a learning experience. I am working at gathering all pertinent medical papers from her stay here, as well as school papers, memorebelia, toys, clothes, etc, etc. It helps me to focus and not dwell on the sadness. It's a mission now. A mission to find every last piece to every last toy and innundate her mother with a nearly year's worth of stuff. tee hee... Seriously, though, it's just a little bit fun to organize. I love to organize.
Anyway, I had one last voucher for clothing for her, so the kids and I went shopping yesterday to make sure she had a good wardrobe to go home with. I got her new long sleeve shirts, a few jeans, some short sleeved shirts and capris for the upcoming spring weather, and a spring dress. I didn't want there to be any question that we had taken excellent care of her and provided adequately for her. Last night I went through her drawers and got rid of anything that did not fit or that was really mine and not bought by social services. I put away most of the new stuff and kept back the spring stuff to begin packing clothes. She'll be leaving a week from Friday, so I figured I might as well pare down things a bit. I'll go through her shoes today and see what still fits and what can go home with her.
Chris is going to help me make a cd of all the pictures of her so that we can send it with her for her mom. I made her two photo books of her stay here, but thought her mom may want actual photos to print off for her own use. Maybe she won't, but I'll feel good knowing I did my best.
Now, in addition to this rather large undertaking, it is also the time for our yearly review. Hard to believe it's almost been a year, eh? March 17th marks our one year anniversary as licensed foster parents. There is a bunch of things for me to gather for that as well. It would seem that Job and Family Services requires yearly proof of insurance (car and house), pet vaccicines, safe well water, and a check with the BMV to be sure we haven't done anything foolish in the last year. It's not that hard to get it together, just time consuming. But I have it nearly completed-I"m just waiting on our well test.
Anyway, I had one last voucher for clothing for her, so the kids and I went shopping yesterday to make sure she had a good wardrobe to go home with. I got her new long sleeve shirts, a few jeans, some short sleeved shirts and capris for the upcoming spring weather, and a spring dress. I didn't want there to be any question that we had taken excellent care of her and provided adequately for her. Last night I went through her drawers and got rid of anything that did not fit or that was really mine and not bought by social services. I put away most of the new stuff and kept back the spring stuff to begin packing clothes. She'll be leaving a week from Friday, so I figured I might as well pare down things a bit. I'll go through her shoes today and see what still fits and what can go home with her.
Chris is going to help me make a cd of all the pictures of her so that we can send it with her for her mom. I made her two photo books of her stay here, but thought her mom may want actual photos to print off for her own use. Maybe she won't, but I'll feel good knowing I did my best.
Now, in addition to this rather large undertaking, it is also the time for our yearly review. Hard to believe it's almost been a year, eh? March 17th marks our one year anniversary as licensed foster parents. There is a bunch of things for me to gather for that as well. It would seem that Job and Family Services requires yearly proof of insurance (car and house), pet vaccicines, safe well water, and a check with the BMV to be sure we haven't done anything foolish in the last year. It's not that hard to get it together, just time consuming. But I have it nearly completed-I"m just waiting on our well test.
Comments