My Little "Engineers"
My wonderful and lovely neighbor/friend, gave the kids a ton of train stuff. Stuff for lack of a better word. Tracks, buildings, trains, all sorts of things. Combined with the extension packs that David got for Christmas, the kids were in their glory building and rebuilding the train tracks. Sarah was gone for a few days, so the "keep the aisle clear" rule was relaxed and the kids went crazy. David built a huge track and with a little help from Ruth, he got it all connected. Then, I came down and attempted to add some buildings to it. Since I am not at all good at building things, I quickly gave up and the girls went back to work on it. They impressed Chris (as in, we need help, slave, come help us, not "OH WOW!") and he helped them finish off the track. In the end, they used just about all the track pieces they owned along with every building and had only one dead end. They have been playing down in those tracks every day since Sunday. Alas, Sarah is home now, and so the track will have to be dismantled. This picture was the best I could get. The track actually extends behind the red building in the bottom left, but due to the walls, this was all I could get.
Comments