Improving the House
When we bought our house some years ago, it was apparent that it needed some work. Like paint, landscaping and the garage was in sad shape. Now, 3.5 years later, it all still needs to be done, but we are slowly and surely chipping away at our "list". We started off this spring with having all the brush removed from the side of the house. True, it's not our land, but not only was it completely unattractive, it was harboring large rodents (aka Groundhogs) and vile plants, like poison ivy. We hired a man to come it and remove all the plant life and grade it out a bit so that we could plant grass there.
From the front of the house:

From the backyard looking out over the cornfield.

We have planted grass, but we are now in a race against the soybeans. The farmer saw the lovely, graded and denuded land and thought to himself:"wow! someone removed all that useless brush! I should plant some soybeans there now!!" Stinker. Had he come over one tractor width more I'd have been out there giving him what for. He doesn't own the land anymore than we do! Chris offered to send the kids out to find (and in Grace's case) eat all the soybeans, but I thought that was a tad bit over the top. For now, I will settle for mowing them over as they sprout.
From the front of the house:
From the backyard looking out over the cornfield.
We have planted grass, but we are now in a race against the soybeans. The farmer saw the lovely, graded and denuded land and thought to himself:"wow! someone removed all that useless brush! I should plant some soybeans there now!!" Stinker. Had he come over one tractor width more I'd have been out there giving him what for. He doesn't own the land anymore than we do! Chris offered to send the kids out to find (and in Grace's case) eat all the soybeans, but I thought that was a tad bit over the top. For now, I will settle for mowing them over as they sprout.
Comments