The Last Co-op of the Year!

This past Monday was our last co-op of 2009. We are on break next week and the following week begins our 2010 session. How fast time goes now. It didn't seem that long ago when I thought I would never graduate high school and here I am with a pack of kids noting that time is going entirely too fast. But, back to co-op...


We had just enough snow for the kidlets to frolic a bit to burn off some energy.

Byron and Joanna were being penguins sliding on the snow and ice.

Grace was the only upright penguin...

Wait a minute! I have to show you something!

And Ruth dove onto the snow in her imitation of a penguin

And while that was going on, I suddenly found myself being attacked by the first set of penguins. I had to run away-they were really fast.

I was working on an alphabet book with the preK kids, but my printer ran out of ink and since I am loathe to spend a bundle on new ink right now...we played Candyland! That's educational, right? Well, maybe more along the lines of learning to take turns and lose graciously.


Byron tried to pull a fast one on me-he did not want to stop on the space with the dot (and lose a turn) so he just skipped it in his counting. He was none too happy when I called him on it and made him go there.

The game went ok, but I was more than content to play just one round. While everyone sort of got how to play, I really had to keep tabs on where they were moving, keep their hands off the board while others had their turns and remind them that the gingerbread tokens are not shooting machine guns or anything like that.

Comments

Popular Posts