Baking Cookies

Because it is time consuming and calorically detrimental, I have not, in years past, made cookies around the holidays. I caved in the year because I had visions of giggling children making cookies, sneaking bits of dough and broken cookies, music playing, etc, etc. It was almost accurate. Especially the parts about dough sneaking. We made two kinds of cookies. Oatmeal (because I had a hankering for them) and spicy sugar cookies that are still waiting to be iced. I love my zeal for cooking baking pretty early on. Fortunately, Ruth had not, so she ended up doing all the grunt work of actually spooning out the batter. First up, oatmeal cookies. I got the recipe from my mom because it's what we had growing up and I do like them.


Ruth, working her magic

The finished cookie. I was checking for the proper done-ness. I am told, that you must not over bake the cookies. Over bake them and they get dry. So, you take them out just as they have lost the wet look. Our first batch-I think they might still be a little wet. But, they were oh, so gooey and good anyway.

Grace and David killing time until they could make the cutout cookies. She just couldn't wait to read that story-I Wish I Had Duckfeet-or something like that. So, rather than wait for school, she read it to David

Finally time to cut-youngest first

David is next

Then Grace-note Ruth waiting...patiently...for her turn

Ahhhhhhhh...finally

The future installments will have us decorating the cookies. Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular Posts