Memorial Day and Our Impromptu Picnic


This past Monday, after a back breaking day of yard work and kid watching....we had our picnic! Well, not much of a picnic, since it did look like rain and we didn't even decide to have a picnic until Sunday evening. I also ran across the street to invite our neighbor over for dinner. We've lived here for four years and we wave when we see each other and we ran into her once at the grocery store. She lives alone and I've always wanted to ask her over. Anyway, I took Dave with me (to break the ice, ya know?) and asked her if she'd like to come over for burgers. I'm such a chicken, too. I was all prepared for rejection and when she said she'd love to, I said....oh wait, it's a good one.....really, I'm such a dork.....I said "Really!? Great!" Duh. How pathetic is that? Anyway, she came over and we had a lovely visit. It was truly nice. I'm glad I got up the backbone to ask her.
Comments