The Hardest Habits to Break

I have found over the 2.5weeks that Miss A has been with us, that she has been indulged in ways that it is hard for me to continue. Take for example, she wants her back rubbed until she falls asleep. I am sorry, but not even my own children got indulged in this way. Ever. I will concede to a few rubs and a pat, but I am not going to spend 20minutes waiting for her to fall asleep while I rub her back. And, let me tell you, she can withhold sleeping quite well. Now, before you comment voraciously that she may not need the sleep, I will tell you that taking a walk in the stroller or swinging in the swing will put her right to sleep. It's just that laying in a crib with no interaction is just not interesting, nor normal for her and thus, not a pleasant experience for her. I'm wondering now, just how many weeks more I'm going to have to endure the battles over sleep before she learns to sleep without the back rubs and the admonishments of "No more crying." Can you tell I'm trying to have her nap!?

Comments

Popular Posts